Proper Diagnosis of Hair Loss
Before one can decide if they might need medical treatment or a hair transplant, a proper diagnosis of their hair loss condition should be made by a dermatologist or hair loss specialist. Hair loss may be pattern hair loss (male or female) or non-pattern hair loss.
- Actual hair loss verses hair breakage
- Focal hair loss verses diffuse hair loss
- Hair thinning verses hair shedding
- Scarring hair loss verses non-scaring hair loss
- Hair shaft miniaturization verses reduced density